Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Disquietude




Sidewalk Prophets unplugged with a relevant message for this week's post:

Recorded at the Expo Center in Louisville

Lamentations 3.21-24


Daring to hope.
Remembering a heart that is forever faithful to you.
Living in the fullness of grace all your days.
Experiencing the renewal or mind, strength and spirit.

What I receive in return for following Jesus.


Awaiting arrival.
Awaiting a time in which we have arrived.


An ideal many of us dream up, not realizing that we are merely chasing mirages.
As corrupt human beings, we will not truly "arrive" here on earth.
This is because we aren't perfect, as I stated before, we are simply human beings.
I can continue on with the mindset of dissatisfaction and drive myself mad with 'what if's' but to make this waiting time worthwhile, to make the most of it and take it for what it is, I will place my trust in God.
Simply because, He truly is who He says He is.
In times of uncertainty when anxiety takes me captive like a prisoner, it truly is hard to fathom that God is ever-present. That He can hear me. That He still cares.
It's in those times that we make known who is on the throne in our lives.
For those who believe in Christ, we could simply say, "Well, God is always on the throne in my life! That's just how it always is, always will be, no question.". 
Or,
We could admit that He may not always be on the throne in our lives, in our hearts.
So often I will put FEAR or WORRY on the throne instead of The King who owns that rightful place in my heart.
Fear. Worry.
Yeah, in retrospect, those do not appeal to me as worthy of my undivided attention.

Putting God on the throne in our hearts means that I need to talk to Him.
I need to humble myself enough to offer my burdens and worries to Him and genuinely let Him know that I cannot do it myself even though He knows that quite well.
He does not get tired of carrying our burdens.

His love for us goes deeper than our minds can wonder and hearts can fathom.

My heart and flesh may fail, but my God never will.
Psalm 73.26
Psalm 94.19

Happiness : Emotion
An outward expression of elation

Joy : State of Being
Inward peace and contentment



Letting go of the mindset that I can do things on my own.
Letting God know that I am aware and thankful that He sustains my daily breath.
Letting God have the fears I cling to, the worries I live in fear of, and my sense of control that gets me nowhere.



Galatians 1.10

I be lookin' like a fool sometimes yes, I'm aware.
But, what the Creator says goes.
It might not make sense, like this fella right here, but when we submit to His power which outweighs our whole existence, we step into a much larger picture than man's perception.
Daniel 3.8-30

Living recklessly, in selfish pursuit leads to destruction.
Destruction of the self, mind, heart and being.

Living recklessly in doing what you are called to do, what you were created to do, will indeed stump men, but will indeed triumph in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment