Monday, October 7, 2013

Dream it Into Existence


Dreaming < Doing < Being

Dreaming big can lead to false realities or dreaming big can ignite a passion that leads to the fulfillment of that dream.

Unspoken prayers of conquering fears, overcoming anxiety and doing rather than just dreaming were visibly answered this week.


The Lizzie McGuire Movie
I have honestly watched this at least eight times this week...including right now as I write this.
Why?
Because it's a timeless story of overcoming fear, finding adventure and realizing that greatness is within you!
And! It's a chick flick with a classic love story. Score.



There's something about the simplicity of a denim top and gray leggings outfit that I cannot get enough of!
I feel confident in it (which should be explanation enough for any woman!), any shoes or jewelry will complement the outfit, good choice for just about all forecasts, and it serves as a lovely outfit that can get dirty with paint/ink and still work!

I spent Friday on my bed sketching for hours.
If anyone knows me, they would be amazed at the statement above.
That I somehow managed to stay in one spot for an extended amount of time without going completely insane. Emphasis on "completely".

An unspoken prayer of mine has been to be able to do rather than just imagine when it comes to art.
Something I've been struggling with lately is the idea myself severely lacking in talent when it comes to drawing and also art in general.
This lie lately has been pounded into my skull it seems like.
I don't consider it a lie because I am disillusioned that my work is astounding, but I consider it a lie because my Creator created me to create.
He creates with a purpose, and and when He made me, He gave me the gift of artistic ability, no matter how evident or not it may seem to the world around me.
The God I serve does not set up His creation for failure.
There's a reason He chose me to be right-brain heavy and left-brain deficient and there's a reason others are the complete opposite of me. 
We all serve a purpose in the bigger picture, and when we set out to do what we were made for, it is then we will experience life to it's fullest.

My confidence comes not from my feeble ability, but from Jesus. Truly.
He generously gave me inspiration and motivation this past week to take the floating ideas in my mind and give them life.
So, I did.

"Line of Sight"
Micron 05

"Flower Child" 
4B Pencil Sketch

"Ornamentation of Courage"
Micron 08

"Aren't we all just goldfish in a balloon?"
A quick and mindless doodle
Micron 05

Developmental sketch of "Loki", Stevie and Kyndrick's puppy
"Loki I"

"Loki II"

"Loki"
Micron 05, 08

"Entangle"
Micron 01


Hoping to turn these sketches into prints, tees and more!
Hoping to actually do and not just dream of that possibility!



Besides being locked up in my sanctuary doodling the day away, I manage to still have remnants of what I consider a life...

Unite Indy
This is an open invitation I created...I hope it didn't scare people off?
Unite Indy is a gathering of young adults who come together to worship their Creator and get to know others in surrounding cities.

Acoustic Worship and live painting

In the time of musical worship, we are free to worship as we see fit.
On our knees, singing, creating art, silently being in commune with God, forms of worship is endless as the differences between a people are many.
I am incredibly thankful that America is a nation that legally allows us to worship freely without lawful persecution.
I found myself singing less than half the time, but rather, telling Him how great He is, followed by how weak I am and how insane it is that He, in His greatness, would come down to my level and show me the truest and purest form of love.



With tears streaming down my face, I felt His embrace.
In my weakness, His strength is more evident.
With a heavy heart, I came to His feet and with His help, I freely laid my burdens down.



My absolute favorite collective: NEEDTOBREATHE 
 addresses the laying down of burdens in this 
"Lay Em' Down" video below:





Saturday after a full day of work, I headed out into the country to hang with a group of genuine life-loving country folk...ages 40-70. 
Needless to say, I was basically the infant of the group.

It was there I experienced my first Apple-Butter Making Party!

Below is an enormous witch-like pot filled with 35 gallons of apple butter!
Enough to fill over 100 variety mason jars!

If you don't stir, you don't deserve a jar.
Tough love.

This Apple-Butter Making Party is also where I consumed my first and probably last 
Rocky Mountain Oyster.
It tasted like tenderloin which was bearable but mentally I could barely handle the situation let alone, the disgustingly vivid commentary taking place during consumption.

I am not a cat person.
Until now.
See the one looking straight into your very soul?!
See that cute little Hitler mustache?
See as to how I just legitimately used "cute" and Hitler mustache" in the same sentence...

"Jingo" is what I call him.
And forever will I dream of having him in my life because I can only have one "him" in my life according to 
Alexxander the Cat Loather.
Therefore, it might be categorized as silly if I chose Jingo over Alexx...emphasis on "might".



My favorite shot of the night.
This picture captures the essence of bonding and good times in my eyes.
We all took part in making the apple butter (an eight hour process), we all lent a helping hand in jarring it, and we all got to know one another despite our differences in age. 












We are all given family through blood when brought into existence.
But the family of heart and spirit, related by blood or not,
is the truest family you will be a part of here on earth.








For any interest or inquiries about any of my work, please comment below or directly email me!



No comments:

Post a Comment