Sunday, September 8, 2013

Limit Less


God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible. 
What a pity that we plan only things we can do by ourselves.
 -AW Tozer


Pack up only what you can carry.
Then leave.

'If only I could right?'- a question I often ask myself.
But last night, I had a sort of revelation. 
I could.
I literally could pack up some bags and physically leave. 

Too often, a voice of doubt in my head tells me of all the impossibilities in which my aspirations dare to dream. 

Last night was different. 
I was driving home and dreaming of possibilities that seem far too out of reach. 
I realized last night how much I've been enclosing possibilities, how much I've essentially been limiting a limitless God.

It would in theory, be amazing to set out into the unknown and embark on an adventure of a lifetime, for a lifetime. 
And I believe that that's what God has in store for me, but not in the way I may have in my head.


For so long, the image of leaving for an adventure of a lifetime looked something like this:




And, although, this is still undeniably appealing to my eyes and heart, I know God's plans are bigger and better than my own.


We are far too easily pleased. God wants better things for us. He finds our desires not too strong, but too weak.
-CS Lewis


My Cup of Tea in Films:
Indie // Drama // Inspiration

Book > Movie










Book > Movie

Before I knew truly knew Jesus, I genuinely aspired to a life like that of Alexander Supertramp.
After developing a relationship with my Maker, He revealed to me that I don't have to run away from this life He's so graciously given to me to find freedom and purpose.
But, I do have to abandon my selfish desires and hand over my sense of control to the Author of life.


We are all of rebellious nature, each with a different color of expression. 
-BIE




True liberation is not something that we can discover as mere humans.
It takes divine intervention and an earnest heart. 

He liberates the enslaved, unbinds the chained and gives rest to the one who labors.




And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.
-Romans 8.28




Believe the unbelievable

>>

Hope for the impossible

<<

Live with purpose greater than yourself




No comments:

Post a Comment